As another special occasion rolls around, you may have found that flowers were the perfect gift to get that special someone — but what should you write on the flower card? It’s not always easy to find the right words to say. When it comes to writing messages for flower cards, being short and sweet is the secret to a message that will leave a lasting impression.
Follow our guide for what message to write on your card when sending flowers.
Consider the Life Event for the Flower Card Message
Before you dive into writing a note, think about why you bought the flowers in the first place. This way, you can craft an appropriate message for the occasion. Most cards that come with flowers fall into the following categories:
- Just because
- Cheer up
- Thank you
- New baby
- Get well soon
What to Write on a Flower Card
Check out several ideas for card messages below so you can find the right words to say.
Make someone’s special day extra special with a beautiful birthday bouquet, and top it off with a personalized message to let them know how incredible they are to you! Blow them away on their birthday with one of these cute notes to put on flowers:
- May all of your birthday wishes come true!
- Cheers to you on your 21st! Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to an incredible [friend, spouse, sister, brother, mom, dad]!
- Cheers to another year of happiness! Happy 30th!
- Roses are red, violets are blue — happy birthday to you!
- Wishing you the happiest of birthdays. Enjoy your day!
- Hugs, kisses, and birthday wishes!
- Celebrating you is always special! Happy birthday!
- Like a fine wine, you age well! Happy birthday!
- Wishing you the biggest slice of happiness today!
An anniversary is the perfect time to celebrate that special someone and how important they are to you. Spread the love with a romantic bouquet and a passionate card message. Try including an inside secret between the two of you, a vow from your wedding, a special memory, or try one of these intimate messages:
- To my [partner], my soul mate, my love, my life.
- Thank you for loving me like no one else.
- My love for you grows stronger with every minute, hour, day, and year.
- Being in love with you is a dream come true.
- Roses are red, violets are blue — I can’t even begin to say how much I love you.
- I love you for who you are and who I am when I’m with you. Happy anniversary.
- Happy anniversary to the love of my life. I will love you forever.
- Your love is all I need. Happy anniversary.
- You take my breath away today and every day. Happy anniversary.
Do you know someone who’s sharing a special anniversary you’d like to help them celebrate? Try one of these sweet messages to celebrate the love of others:
- Happy anniversary to an incredibly loving couple.
- Your love is an inspiration to us all, happy anniversary!
- Wishing many more years of love and happiness for the two of you, happy anniversary!
- Congratulations on 20 years of love!
- Happy first wedding anniversary to you love birds!
It can mean a lot to send your love and support to someone in their time of need and grief. However, finding the right words that provide comfort in this challenging time isn’t easy. Try one of these flower card messages to send with a sympathy bouquet:
- May happy memories fill the sadness in your heart.
- In loving memory of [lost loved one].
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
- Sending you love and strength in this difficult time.
- Thinking of you as you celebrate [lost loved one] ‘s incredible life.
- Wishing you peace and comfort as you grieve [lost loved one].
- Share a fond memory of the departed.
- Thinking of you.
- With sympathy, with friendship, with love.
Everyone makes mistakes. Show how genuinely apologetic you are with a bouquet that says “I’m sorry” and a personalized flower card acknowledging your wrongdoing. If you’re not exactly sure what to say, try one of these apologies:
- Please accept these flowers along with my most sincere apology.
- I messed up. I’m sorry.
- I was wrong. You were right. I’m sorry.
- I am so sorry.
- I’m sorry for hurting you, and I miss you.
- Let me make it up to you.
- You mean so much to me. Can we start fresh?
- Please forgive me.
Graduation marks a huge milestone in someone’s life. Whether it’s high school or college graduation, let the graduate know how happy you are for them with a graduation bouquet and a congratulatory flower card message:
- Congrats Grad, keep dreaming big!
- Congratulations! Reach for the stars. The sky’s the limit!
- You can do anything you set your mind to. Happy graduation!
- I can’t wait to see you take on the world, congratulations graduate!
- We’re so proud of your accomplishments. Keep shooting for the stars!
- Happy graduation, let’s celebrate!
- Cheers to you and your determination, happy graduation!
- We can’t wait to see what the future holds for you! Congratulations!
You don’t need a special occasion to let someone know they’re special to you. Send a “just because” bouquet to surprise someone special, and don’t forget to include a little message on the flower card. Get some inspiration from these cute notes to put on flowers for any occasion:
- It’s not a special occasion, but you’re a special person.
- Every time you see these blooms, remember I’m thinking of you.
- I hope your day is sunshine and flowers!
- Just because I love you!
- To brighten your day!
Life comes with many moments that call for a celebration. Join in on the excitement by commemorating someone’s special moment with congratulatory flowers and one of these celebratory messages for flower cards:
- Congratulations on such a special moment!
- Congratulations on your promotion. Great things are ahead!
- Keep up the incredible work. Congratulations!
- Congratulations on your new home!
- Congratulations and best wishes on your next adventure!
- This calls for a celebration!
- We couldn’t be happier for you!
Flowers are the perfect pick me up when someone is down. Attach a nice note to your pick-me-up arrangement to bring a little extra cheer to their day. Put a smile on the recipients’ face with one of these flower card messages:
- I hope these flowers brighten your day!
- When you see these blooms, remember I’m thinking of you!
- Sending joy your way today!
- I just wanted to send you a smile today.
- Have a gorgeous day!
- Sending you good vibes.
Sometimes, you may need to take the cheering up to the next level with funny flower card messages:
- I’m sorry you had a bad day, now smell the roses.
- I miss your face.
- Iris you all the happiness in the world.
- A peony for your thoughts.
Find the right words to express your gratitude when sending thank you flowers. Thanks come in many forms, which is what makes choosing the right words difficult. Pull inspiration from some of these thank you messages for flower cards:
- Thank you for being such an important part of my life.
- You’re the shoulder I know I can lean on, thank you.
- Sending love from a thankful heart!
- I couldn’t have done it without you!
- I appreciate you.
- Thank you for everything you do.
Say congratulations to the new parents in your life with a beautiful new baby bouquet and a message of congratulations:
- Welcome home, [baby’s name]!
- Congratulations on your new little bundle of joy!
- Congratulations on bringing your little one into the world!
- Wishing happiness and healthiness to your growing family!
- Congratulations on your new baby!
Get Well Soon
A fresh bouquet can lift the spirits of someone in poor health. Wish your family and friends a speedy recovery with a get well soon bouquet that comes with a well-thought-out message on the flower card:
- Sending strength for a speedy recovery!
- We miss you, come back soon!
- Sending a bright bunch of wishes that you will feel better soon!
- Our thoughts are with you. Get well soon!
- We are hoping your health will bloom and flourish soon!
Choose Ode à la Rose for Every Occasion
With every occasion — special or not — comes the opportunity to send a beautiful bouquet from Ode à la Rose. View our vast selection of bouquets or browse by specific occasions. Don’t forget to make your gift even more memorable by adding your thoughtful message to the flower card. Browse our beautiful selection of signature bouquets, and order now!